What should these welcome gifts entail? They can be as simple or over the top as you would like, but there are some essentials you should always include:
1) Theme your bag. In the sample below, it is a Florida theme bag. It includes some items unique to the state like Orange Bubble Gum and Coconut Patties. This is a great way to show your guests some flavor of the city or location where your wedding is taking place.
2) Provide an Emergency Kit. Emergency kit, Hangover Help, whatever you want to call it, your guests will be thrilled that you included some of these every day basics. I always include tylenol or advil, band aids and tums or pepto. Other fun things to include are E-Boost of Emergen-C packets, hand sanitizer, sunscreen and shout wipes!
3) Make it Personal. You do not have to go overboard with each item in your welcome gift being monogrammed or personalized, but choose one or 2 things and brand it. It’s a great way to bring your personality into the wedding.
4) Include Weekend Details. One thing that is a must is to include all the details your guests need to know for the wedding weekend. Provide an itinerary of where they need to be when. Include details like location, transportation information and attire. It’s also nice to include a personal welcome note from the bride & groom and a cute map of the area.
5) Keep it fun! You may have a very traditional wedding, but the Welcome Gift is a great place to keep it fun. Think outside the box€¦this is the first thing your guests will get to kick off your wedding weekend!